TOWN OF TAINTER, Wis. (AP) -- Dunn County sheriff's officials say a man suffered substantial injuries when a large piece of fireworks exploded his hand.
First responders were called to a residence in the Town of Tainter Monday evening. Authorities say 55-year-old Michael Schmitt was standing in the doorway of a house when he lit the explosive, intending to throw it into the yard. But, it exploded in his hand.
Sheriff's Capt. Kevin Bygd says Schmitt was airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. His condition was not immediately available.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.