Fire Dept.: Ice Chunk Damages Gas Meter in Wausau

By: WSAW Staff Email
By: WSAW Staff Email

The Wausau Fire Department says natural gas has been shut off to a home on the 1400 block of Cleveland Avenue after a chunk of ice fell from the roof of the home and damaged the gas meter. It happened around 6:20 p.m. Tuesday evening.

Wisconsin Public Service says they'll make the necessary repairs and turn the gas back on when they are done.

A neighbor tells NewsChannel 7 he called dispatch after hearing a loud thud and 'hissing' coming from the home.

Earlier this month WPS asked customers to keep gas meters and vents clear to avoid any sort of damage.

The fire department says no one was home at the time, and no one was injured.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@wsaw.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.

powered by Disqus
WSAW-TV 1114 Grand Ave. Wausau, WI 54403
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 249650281 - wsaw.com/a?a=249650281