Marathon Electric employees have returned to work after an incident Thursday morning on Wausau's northwest side.
Around 12:45 a.m. Thursday, emergency crews and hazmat teams were called to the Marathon Electric plant for reports of an errant chemical reaction. Toxic varnish in a barrel is believed to have caused the reaction.
As a precaution, employees were evacuated from the building. An officer on scene tells NewsChannel 7, paramedics spoke with employees and one person had to be taken to the hospital due to respiratory issues.
Stay with NewsChannel 7 and wsaw.com for more information as it becomes available.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.