Child Playing With Fireworks Started Racine Fire

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

RACINE, Wis. (AP) -- A child who was playing with fireworks inside a Racine home sparked a fire that caused no injuries, but caused more than $25,000 in damages.

The Racine Fire Department says the fire happened about 11 p.m. Saturday.

Fire crews quickly put out the fire in the second floor bedroom. They determined the fire was caused by the child playing with fireworks.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@wsaw.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.

powered by Disqus
WSAW-TV 1114 Grand Ave. Wausau, WI 54403
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 251791841 - wsaw.com/a?a=251791841