UPDATE: Cause of Wausau Fire was Electrical

By: WSAW Staff Email
By: WSAW Staff Email

Eleven people are without a home after a duplex fire in Wausau.

It happened Monday morning just after 6:30 a.m. on the 1000 block of Emter Street.

The Wausau fire department says no one was hurt.

Investigators say the fire was accidental. They says the home is about 100-years-old and the home had been updated with improper circuit breakers and fuses causing the fire.

The damage was confined to the chimney, nearby walls and ceiling.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@wsaw.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.

powered by Disqus
WSAW-TV 1114 Grand Ave. Wausau, WI 54403
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246003291 - wsaw.com/a?a=246003291