WSAW NewsChannel 7  | Central WI, Wausau, Rhinelander  |  News, Weather, Sports

Weather Authority Alert: Snowy and Icy Conditions Throughout Tonight

Carbon Monoxide from Grill Sickens 13 in Western Wis.

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

TOWN OF ARCADIA, Wis. (AP) -- Sheriff's officials say 13 people were overcome by carbon monoxide when a charcoal grill was used inside a home in Trempealeau County.

Dispatchers received a call about an unknown medical condition at a home in the Town of Arcadia late Sunday afternoon. First responders found seven adults and five children suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide. Some were unconscious.

Authorities say a police officer who responded was also overcome and was treated and released from a local hospital. Three helicopters and five ambulances were dispatched to the scene to transport the injured. Their conditions are not immediately known.

Investigators say it appears the occupants were using the grill in the kitchen for heat.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to comments@wsaw.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.

powered by Disqus
WSAW-TV 1114 Grand Ave. Wausau, WI 54403
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246883251