Authorities are continuing to investigate a possible chimney fire that happened Wednesday at cabin near Tomahawk.
According to a news release from the Lincoln County Sheriff's Department, the home owner told the responding officer earlier in the day he had a fire in the fireplace, but fire had mostly gone out when he noticed smoke inside the home. He called dispatch when he went outside and saw smoke coming from the roof.
When the first Deputy arrived on the scene a few minutes after the 911 call was placed, he found flames coming from the roof of the structure. The home is not a total loss as the fire was contained to the attic.
The fire is not considered suspicious.
Enter Zip Code for Custom Weather