According to AAA New Year’s Day consistently ranks as the year’s deadliest day for alcohol-related fatalities.
New Year’s Eve partygoers can do their part by heeding the following advice:
· Always plan ahead to designate a non-drinking driver before any party or celebration begins
· Never get behind the wheel of a car when you have been drinking alcohol – even after just one drink
· Never ride as a passenger in a car driven by someone who has been drinking alcohol – even after just one drink
· Do not hesitate to take the keys from friends or family members who may be impaired
· Call a taxi for a friend in need
· Be a responsible host in reminding guests to stay safe and always offer alcohol-free beverages
· If you encounter an impaired driver on the road, keep a safe distance and ask a passenger to call 911 (or pull over to a safe location to make the call yourself)
· Remember: prescription, over-the-counter medications and illegal drugs also can impair your ability to drive safely
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.