Of all the staggering numbers from Monday's tornado in Ladysmith, these are equally shocking.
- Zero. That's the number of fatalities the Rusk County Sheriff's Department has reported.
- Thirty-seven. That's the number who were treated at four area hospitals.
- Of that, nine remain hospitalized Tuesday.
- Two are reported in stable condition at Rusk County Memorial Hospital in Ladysmith.
- One is in stable condition after surgery on a broken leg at Lakeview Hospital in Rice Lake.
- And six are at Luther Hospital in Eau Claire, although officials there are not releasing their conditions.
Authorities say as many as 150 buildings were damaged in the storm, which approached with little warning. It churned a path of destruction approximately 14 blocks long by four blocks wide through downtown Ladysmith.