Autopsy reports released Tuesday say they likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning. When the investigation began, police were thinking murder, but upon further inspection, they're confident this case is accidental, and autopsy reports back that up.
Thirty-year-old Christopher Hoen of Mosinee and Tanya Ferge of Schofield, also 30, were found dead in a car parked in Ferge's garage Monday. The heater had been on. Everest Metro Police Chief Dan Vergin says the couple got back from partying Saturday night, apparently passed out in the car, and died from the gas.
"We found no evidence of foul play, the doctor doing the autopsy found no evidence of trauma. It appears that the death was due to carbon monoxide."
Vergin is still waiting to hear back from the state crime lab on what their blood-alcohol content was.
There's no timetable set for that.
Enter Zip Code for Custom Weather