MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Three people are recovering after inhaling fumes from a highly toxic chemical at a Madison company.
Hazardous materials handlers and firefighters responded to Mentor Biologics in University Research Park Thursday evening where chlorine dioxide had spilled.
Division Fire Chief Art Price tells the State Journal the chemical release was small and contained. The three who inhaled it were taken to University Hospital for treatment.
Mentor Biologics makes a toxin that's designed to compete with the popular Botox.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.