The Vilas County Sheriff's Department says no one was injured following a house fire Wednesday morning in Presque Isle.
The fire happened on the 8100 block of Bay View Road.
The one-story dwelling was discovered fully engulfed in flames by a neighbor. The homeowner was not present at the time of the fire. Initial investigation revealed that the fire started near the chimney area.
The home was a total loss.
The Presque Isle Fire Department responded to the structure fire with the assistance of the Winchester Fire Department, the Manitowish Waters Fire Department, the Boulder Junction Fire Department and Excel Energy.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.