I know its a little chilly, lots of white stuff on the ground, but maybe a little golf news will help warm up the soul a little bit.
I can tell you where and when the NewsChannel 7 Golf Classic will be this summer.
July 24-27 at Stevens Point Country Club.
The Seniors will play on the 24th and 25th, and the 54th Classic will be Saturday and Sunday the 26th and 27th.
The last time the Golf Classic was at Stevens Point was in 2009, when Stephen Rollins won the Senior event, and Dewey Pechinski won the Classic.
Here is the Senior Men's Entry Form:
2014 NewsChannel 7 Regional Qualifying Tournaments
Sunday, June 1st @ Inshalla G.C. in Tomahawk. Contact Andy Hein @ 715-453-3130 or email
Saturday, June 7th @St. Germain G.C. in St. Germain. Contact Margo @ 715-542-2614 or email
Sunday, June 15th @ Indianhead G.C. in Mosinee. Contact Eric @ 715-693-6066 or email
Saturday, June 21st @ Riveredge G.C. in Marshfield. Contact Ryan @ 715-676-3900 or email
Sunday, June 29th @ Glacier Wood G.C. in Iola. Contact Glacier Wood @ 715-445-3831 or email
Rules for the Regional Qualifiers
1. Entry Fee will be $35.00 per player, which includes the green fee (Members can deduct
$25 from the entry fee) $5.00 per player will go into a prize fund for the top qualifiers to
be paid out in gift certificates from the host course. If the course would like to do some
food or drinks for the players that is up to them. Carts are extra and must be reserved
and paid for by the individual players.
2. Players must be at least 16 years old on Saturday, July 26, 2014.
3. Players need to be current Wisconsin Residents.
4. The regional golf course will be in charge of setting up the golf course under
5. The regional golf course will set up randomly the groups in 3 or less players
6. The regional course will do tee-times or a shotgun start as long as all players play at about
the same time.
7. 50% of the field will qualify for the News Channel Golf Classic. If there is a tie for the
final spot then there needs to be a playoff. Also the course will have 5 alternate spots
which should be numbered #1 through #5.
8. The regional golf course is responsible for giving the official entry form to their qualifiers
and to provide a list of all qualifiers and their contact information to the News Channel 7
tournament director along with the the alternate list with their contact information.
9. Any questions or problems can be referred to the Tournament Director, Buck Welsh, 715-581-2646....
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.