We now know what killed 200 steers in Portage County earlier this month.
According to the Wisconsin Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, the animals were poisoned by a toxin found in moldy sweet potatoes.
The potatoes were then mixed with feed and fed to the steers.
During an interview with the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Peter Vanderloo, associate director from lab said the potatoes were never in the human food supply chain and there is no risk to human heath.
Article Courtesy: University of Wisconsin- Madison News
Click the links below to view related articles
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.