Here we are, possibly seeing our first case of severe weather for the season. Let me refresh you on the different ways to get weather information and how you can receive it.
1) Watching NewsChannel 7- we normally will just run crawls during watches, and if we get reports of damage from a storm, we'll interrupt programming. Normally, we will be on live on NewsChannel 7 during all tornado warnings, doppler indicated or detected by storm spotters.
2) Watching the 24/7 Weather Channel... DTV 7-3, Charter Digital Cable 968 or online during non newscast times. When weather (other than calm and sun) is happening, find us here for Live coverage. Most cutins are :07 and :37 after each hour (during non-newscast times).
1) with a web enabled cell phone, you can type wsaw.com into your browser and it will route you to our new mobile site.
2) if you can receive text messages (and have them as a plan), we offer FREE text messages for severe weather, as well as other things. Go to: http://www.wsaw.com/mobile and sign up today!
Android, I-Phone and Blackberry users, we now have programs that you can download FREE for your phones.
1) www.mylocaltitan.com - standard county by county radars. Best suited for slow internet connections.
2) http://www.wsaw.com/interactiveradar - Our NEW interactive radar. Best suited for high speed internet connections.
3) http://www.wsaw.com/liveonline - Our NEW First Warn Desktop product that just started today! Get signed up today!
1) Facebook - we post a link to the current watches and warnings
2) Twitter - we will tweet reports of damage and where they are.
So, I think that's about all we do here at NewsChannel 7 when it comes to weather. Phew... Took me a while to type that! Stay safe y'all!
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide detailed information.
All comments must adhere to the WSAW.com discussion rules.